At Progressive, mortgage application levels were 7% higher for the last quarter of 2016 than twelve months ago.
‘More mush from the Wimp’. From a different era and a very different world, this was the damning headline stamped upon Jimmy Carter’s US Presidency by the Boston Globe following another banal and vapid economic speech in 1980.
Driving back from Dublin a couple of weeks ago I was listening to BBC Radio 4 where the host and a panel were talking about some of the world’s greatest cons.
So that was the year that was, 2016 the Chinese year of the monkey. Those spirited, hairy haplorhine primates that have blue and gold, the colours of the EU, as two of their favourites and love playing practical jokes. Sure what could possibly go wrong on their watch?
Previous cases and the reach of social media has brought more onus to ensure undue reputational damage is not inflicted on innocent people.
With exactly four weeks to the day to the US Presidential election and controversy reaching fever pitch, it seems like a distant memory back to 2008 with the positive message of change that resonated throughout that campaign.
According to a survey of 8,000 professionals on LinkedIn only 30% of people land their dream job or work in a related field. In some ways this is higher than I thought it might have been but it still leaves 70% thinking there is something else I’d rather be doing.
Cpl Resources Plc delivers revenue, gross profit and earnings growth in the first half of financial year 2017